New Student Orientation
What is New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation is designed to prepare students for their academic program and will include presentations and social opportunities. Students will have the opportunity to meet fellow classmates, faculty, staff, and student leaders.
What do I need to do before Orientation?
1. Take the placement exam. To schedule a placement date, contact your admissions counselor or call 617-588-1368.
2. Meet with Student Financial Services to review your financial aid package.
3. Pay your deposit in full and receive clearance from Student Accounts.
4. Register for classes. Meet with the Student Success Team to register for classes once you have completed the steps listed above. To make an appointment, please contact the coach for your expected major:
- Automotive Technology:
Ashley Mansfield, Director of Student Success
- Electrical Technology, Construction Management, HVAC&R, Mechanical Engineering Technology, and Opticianry:
Sally Heckel, Assistant Director of Student Success
- Biomedical, Computer Engineering Technology, Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Technology, Health Information Technology, and Technology Business & Management:
Shawn Ayala, Student Success Coach
What do I need to do before the first day of classes?
Make sure everything is complete with Admissions and Student Financial Services.
Meet with Student Success Staff to complete the following:
What is the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)?
Once an individual reaches the age of 18, s/he must provide written permission in order for the college to release any information from his/her academic record. Follow the FERPA link for more information.
Where can I get information about other BFIT services?
You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter and visit the BFIT website for up to date events, programs, and campus happenings! The Department of Student Affairs can be of assistance at any time:
- Dean of Student Services: Mike Bosco, 617-588-1364
- Director of Student Success: Ashley Mansfield, 617-588-1354
- Assistant Director of Student Success: Sally Heckel, 617-588-1378
- Student Success Coach: Shawn Ayala, 617-588-1352
- Director of Student Life: Brett Wellman, 617-588-1336
- Assistant Director of Student Life: Chris Espinoza, 617-588-1374
New student orientation matters
By Ashley Mansfield