New Student Orientation
Register HERE for DAY 1 New Student Orientation - Wed Aug 23, 2017
Register for Day 1 New Student Orientation on Wed Aug 23rd, only if you did not attend Orientation on June 22nd. Each incoming new student must attend either the June or the August orientation sessions.
Register HERE for DAY 2 New Student Orientation - Tues Sep 5, 2017
All new students must attend Day 2 of New Student Orientation, whether your Day 1 was in June or August.
What is New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation is designed to prepare students for their academic program and will include presentations and social opportunities. Students will have the opportunity to meet fellow classmates, faculty, staff, and student leaders.
What do I need to do before Orientation?
1. Take the placement exam. To schedule a placement date, contact your admissions counselor or call 617-588-1368.
2. Meet with Student Financial Services to review your financial aid package.
3. Pay your deposit in full and receive clearance from Student Accounts.
4. Register for classes. Meet with the Student Success Team to register for classes once you have completed the steps listed above. To make an appointment, please contact the coach for your expected major:
- Biomedical, Computer Engineering Technology, Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Technology, and Health Information Technology:
Shawn Ayala, Director of Student Success
- Automotive Technology:
TBA, Student Success Coach
- Practical Electricity, HVAC&R, and Opticianry:
Sally Heckel, Learning Specialist
- Electrical Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Construction Management, and Technology Business & Management:
Charles Lai, Student Success Coach
What do I need to do before the first day of classes?
Make sure everything is complete with Admissions and Student Financial Services.
Meet with Student Success Staff to complete the following:
What is the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)?
Once an individual reaches the age of 18, s/he must provide written permission in order for the college to release any information from his/her academic record. Follow the FERPA link for more information.
Where can I get information about other BFIT services?
You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter and visit the BFIT website for up to date events, programs, and campus happenings! The Department of Student Affairs can be of assistance at any time:
- Dean of Students: Jackie Cornog, 617-588-1343
- Director of Student Success: Shawn Ayala, 617-588-1352
- Learning Specialist: Sally Heckel, 617-588-1378
- Student Success Coach: Charles Lai, 617-588-1360
- Student Success Coach: TBA, 617-588-1354
- Assistant Dean of Students: Brett Wellman, 617-588-1336
- Assistant Director of Student Life: Chris Espinoza, 617-588-1374
New student orientation matters
By Ashley Mansfield