New Student Orientation
Register for New Student Orientation
Thursday June 27, 2019, 8:30am
What is New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation is designed to prepare students for their academic program and will include presentations and social opportunities. Students will have the opportunity to meet fellow classmates, faculty, staff, and student leaders.
What do I need to do before Orientation?
1. Take the placement exam. To schedule a placement date, contact your admissions counselor or call 617-588-1368.
2. Meet with Student Financial Services to review your financial aid package.
3. Pay your deposit in full and receive clearance from Student Accounts.
4. Register for classes. Meet with the Student Success Team to register for classes once you have completed the steps listed above. To make an appointment, please contact the coach for your expected major:
- Automotive Technology (Certificate, Associate), Automotive Management (BS):
Shawn Ayala, Director of Student Success
- Computer Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology, Biomedical Engineering Technology, Health Information Technology (AS, BS), Technology and Business Management:
Michael Felix, Student Success Coach
- HVAC&R, and Opticianry:
Sally Heckel, Learning Specialist
- Practical Electricity, Mechanical Engineering Technology (AS, BS), Construction Management:
TBA, Student Success Coach
What do I need to do before the first day of classes?
Make sure everything is complete with Admissions and Student Financial Services.
Meet with Student Success Staff to complete the following:
What is the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)?
Once an individual reaches the age of 18, s/he must provide written permission in order for the college to release any information from his/her academic record. Follow the FERPA link for more information.
Where can I get information about other BFIT services?
You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter and visit the BFIT website for up to date events, programs, and campus happenings! The Department of Student Affairs can be of assistance at any time:
- Dean of Students: Jackie Cornog, 617-588-1343
- Director of Student Success: Shawn Ayala, 617-588-1352
- Learning Specialist: Sally Heckel, 617-588-1378
- Student Success Coach: TBA, 617-588-1360
- Student Success Coach: Michael Felix, 617-588-1354
- Assistant Dean of Students: Brett Wellman, 617-588-1336
- Director of Student Wellness and Support: Julia Lachman, 617-555-1302
- Intern, office of Student Wellness and Support: Mylinh Tran, 617-588-1302