You are here:
Published Date:25 Mar 2019
The KAR group of companies provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR’s unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, salvage, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of more than 5.5 million units valued at over $40 billion through our auctions. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in 120 countries.
Reporting to the Inspection Manager or other designated Manager, support the Auction by inspecting vehicles for damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems upon arrival at the auction. Complete required electronic vehicle inspection promptly and accurately. Perform all additional duties assigned by the Inspection manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide excellent customer service:
• Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
• Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting others.
• Return customer’s vehicles in clean condition with radios, seats, mirrors and other convenience items in the same position as when the customer brought the vehicle in. No smoking in customer vehicles.
• Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise Management of all serious complaints or incidences.
2. Maintain work station:
• Ensure all vehicle area conditions are not a potential threat to employee or customer safety.
• Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee or customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property.
• Report all incidents to Lead Vehicle Inspector or Lot Manager immediately per auction policy.
3. Other responsibilities:
• Maintain equipment and tools properly and advise supervisor or manager of any needed equipment maintenance or breakdown.
• Practice and promote teamwork at all times.
• Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
• Practice and promote company Core Values.
Job Specific Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
4. Perform vehicle inspections:
Complete inspection of arriving vehicles for damage and ensure vehicles inspected meet the program standards as defined by the account or contract. This includes, but is not limited to photos of unit, mileage verification, interior and exterior damage and paint work.
Complete end of term (E.O.T.) returns. Notify the Inspection manager when a vehicle does not meet the standards as defined by the account or contract.
Submit completed condition reports to the facility Inspection Manager or designated
account office by download from hand-held device or submission of written report.
Maintain good operating condition of all equipment. A
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to drive vehicles with either standard or automatic transmissions.
Effective customer relations, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Computer skills preferred.
Knowledge of motor vehicles preferred.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
ADESA - Boston
Contact Person Title:
District HR Business Partner
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED