You are here:
Published Date:13 Nov 2017
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior UX Application Developer who will thrive as a member of an experienced, high performing and highly motivated team. A desire and ability to take ownership of complex projects and drive them to completion is required. This position offers the exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the revolution in healthcare IT. Success will require designing effective and efficient clinical experiences, developing and implementing functionality built on modern UI technologies.
The Senior UX Application Developer will collaborate with clinicians and other Partners personnel to create new solutions as part of building the Health Innovation Platform in clinical areas such as cardiology and pathology. Responsibilities involve defining requirements, creating specifications, developing and testing software, and deploying and supporting solutions. Solutions should contribute to and extend the Health Innovation Platform in conjunction with our efforts to create a standard technology platform for clinical innovation within Partners. Software development efforts may be in conjunction with external vendor partners, requiring collaboration with partner and vendor relationships in the delivery of final solutions.
• Rapid prototyping, data visualization
• Application development
• Evaluate and select 3rd party UI libraries and tools
• Collaborate with experience designers
• Gather requirements and prepare technical specifications.
• Conduct system and workflow analysis and design
• Implement the user experience designs, and integrate the design with the full technology stack
• Contribute to best practices and continuous learning across team
• Contribute to design and implementation of overall system architecture
• Assist in maintenance and ongoing support of developed systems
• Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• Other duties as assigned.
You will be joining a small team and therefore must be willing to play multiple roles including taking on responsibilities beyond those described above. This position specifically will involve full life cycle development and requires an individual who can work directly with end use
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 8+ years user experience application development
• Experience interacting with end users, vendors, and technical staff
• Comfortable with Eclipse IDE, GIT, Linux, Webstorm or similar tools and environments
• A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Contact Person Title:
Senior Applications Specialist
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: