You are here:
Published Date:03 Jun 2019
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is a leading provider of wholesale funding for housing and community finance in New England serving more than 440 financial institutions across the region.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to making New England a better place to live and do business, and our employees are integral to our success. As a cooperative, we are owned by more than 440 banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and community development financial institutions that access tens of billions of dollars of our reliable, wholesale funding each year.
Our funds are a vital resource that helps our members succeed, provide families with safe, decent affordable housing, and generate economic development that creates jobs in communities throughout our region.
Our highly skilled team of 200 is diverse, innovative, collaborative, and passionate about the work we do. We seek other professionals excited to share their knowledge, talent, and passion for our mission to join our team. We offer opportunities for career development, robust benefits, and a work-life balance.
The Support Specialist supports the User Support Manager and the Senior Technical Support Specialist in maintaining an effective and efficient end-user computing environment at the Bank.
The incumbent will be a problem-solver to the end-user community by independently responding to calls and inquiries.
Responsibilities include Bank-wide installation, upgrades and support for the general user community.
The position is responsible for software and hardware investigation, evaluation, purchase, installation and support for computers and mobile applications, hardware, and operating systems. This role is engaged with various Bank Technology projects, as required.
• Provide effective and efficient incident and problem management in the ITIL framework to support the Bank’s users as needed. This takes various forms, such as answering user calls, logging work tickets, demonstrating timely incident and problem resolution, and proactively managing upgrades, builds and other team projects.
• Responsible for Bank-wide installation and support of all Bank approved PC software and hardware, including Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (365 Suite of products), IBM Notes databases and other office automation tools.
• Maintain consistency in the Bank’s user-computing environment between the Bank’s main office and its business continuity site.
• Documentation of procedures and “how-to” documents to the benefit end-users’ computing needs as well as technical documentation within the User Support team.
• End-user training on supported software packages, operating systems, desktops, laptops and mobile devices
• Perform basic networking tasks as assigned to assist the networking group including, but not limited to, resetting users’ passwords, enabling locked out accounts and helping users to change and synchronize passwords.
• Responsible for assisting with the patching of all the Banks on-network desktop and laptop computers, assisting the group in maintaining a minimum of 95 percent plus compliance each month.
• Responsible for the updating and maintenance of the PC, laptop, and mobile device endpoint security including antivirus, malware, and encryption of data.
• Maintain professional relationships with employees at all levels, consultants, vendors and other agencies within and outside the Bank.
• The ability to work at our Westborough location on occasion is an aspect of this job. Maintenance and coverage at this facility is o
• High School Diploma required
• 1 - 2 years’ minimum experience with desktop and mobile software applications, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including Apple iOS and Android mobile platforms. The ability to independently troubleshoot and run diagnostics is critical to success in this role.
• Demonstrated experience with computer network & client configuration.
• Current or prior experience in a customer service role is strongly preferred. The ability to effectively communicate with and help resolve customer issues or concerns is a core aspect of the job.
• Experience in a financial services business, transaction-oriented environment helpful, but not required
• The ability to lift equipment up to 30 pounds is required.
• Knowledge of basic networking in a client/server environment.
• Demonstrated customer focused attitude, including building rapport with the user community, smooth delivery of high levels of customer service.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to create technical documents for both the user community and the support staff.
• Ability to quickly diagnose user reported incidents and provide resolution based on service level agreements or other pre-defined service turnaround expectations.
• Familiarity with ITIL based concepts including practical experience with incident management and problem management processes.
• Familiarity with endpoint management and patching systems such as Symantec, Ivanti’s patching tool, and Windows updates and Windows image creation.
• Strong problem determination skills including the intellectual drive to determine root cause.
• Windows configuration, troubleshooting skills with a command of modifying and customizing the Windows operating system with regedit modifications if required.
Applications are being accepted on the Careers page of our website: www.fhlbboston.com
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston
Contact Person Title:
Diversity & Inclusion Analyst
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Prudential Center, Boston
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED