You are here:
Published Date:03 Jun 2019
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is a leading provider of wholesale funding for
housing and community finance in New England serving more than 440 financial
institutions across the region. The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to
making New England a better place to live and do business, and our employees are
integral to our success. As a cooperative, we are owned by more than 440 banks, credit
unions, insurance companies, and community development financial institutions that
access tens of billions of dollars of our reliable, wholesale funding each year. Our funds
are a vital resource that helps our members succeed, provide families with safe, decent
affordable housing, and generate economic development that creates jobs in communities
throughout our region.
Our highly skilled team of 200 is diverse, innovative, collaborative, and passionate about
the work we do. We seek other professionals excited to share their knowledge, talent, and
passion for our mission to join our team.
FHLBank Boston is offering a 6-month paid internship (late July 2019 through January 2020) within our Bank Technology’s Technical User Support team.
The intern will have the opportunity to learn and grow depending on their aptitude and willingness to learn, in addition to being an active contributor and point of contact and support for Bank staff.
This opportunity is based in our Prudential Tower office. This internship is for 35 - 40 hours a week with hours Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm or a slight variation based on the selected intern's availability.
Primarily, the intern will actively participate as a member of our Technical Support team as a first responder to employee technology questions, requests and challenges. In addition to daily responsibilities, the Bank has several technology projects that will be in various stages of execution over the course of the internship, which could make for an engaging learning experience.
This position is classified as sensitive and is subject to a credit check.
• Answer help desk calls and log incidents on behalf of users
• Conduct New User Overview sessions
• Install new software
• Image and configure new desktops and laptops, including laptop encryption
• Patching compliance and management
• Deploy mobile devices
• Software inventory control
• Other projects and duties, as assigned
• Currently enrolled students in or a recent
graduate of a relevant program is ideal for this internship.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of database concepts and design.
• Strong experience in Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite & Outlook and SharePoint are highly desirable.
• Strong analytical skills and a high degree of attention to detail must be demonstrated.
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills are required for success.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to work within a team or independently a plus.
Applications are being accepted on the Careers page of our website: www.fhlbboston.com
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston
Contact Person Title:
Diversity & Inclusion Analyst
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Prudential Center, Boston
Position Start Date:
Late July 2019
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED