You are here:
Published Date:17 Oct 2017
More Than Words is a job training program that provides an opportunity for young adults ages 16-24 who are court-involved, system-involved, out of school, experiencing homelessness, or at risk, to take charge of their lives by taking charge of a business.
More Than Words Employees receive training to:
• Process and ship book orders over the Internet
• Manage the register and sections of the bookstore while providing excellent customer service
• Plan and oversee events such as our monthly open mic night
• Facilitate meetings, lead their peers during shift and train new co-workers
• Prepare for future jobs by practicing their interviewing skills and creating a resume and cover letter
• Set goals for their future and work on action steps to take charge of their life
-Be between 16 and 24
-Be available Wednesday nights from 4-7 for Team Meeting
-Be available for a Youth Development shift from 4-8 on EITHER Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday nights
-Be able to work ~15 hours per week
More Than Words focuses on young adults who are currently, or have previously been, court-involved, system-involved (DCF/DMH/DYS), out of school, or experiencing homelessness, or are at great risk for one of the above.
Applications may be found online here: https://www.mtwyouth.org/referrals_and_applications/youth___applying_to_more_than_words_/
Please fill out the application and bring it in person to our Boston Bookstore, 242 East Berkeley Street, 2nd Floor. We are open Tues-Fri 10:30-6, and Saturday-Sunday 10:30-4.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
More Than Words
Contact Person Title:
Government Contracts and Recruitment Manager
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Boston Bookstore, 242 E Berkeley Street
Position Start Date:
Accepting applications on a rolling basis
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: