You are here:
Published Date:31 May 2019
Government Contracting agency with a specific contract to recruit recent graduates of automotive programs for the 12- week Jaguar Land Rover apprenticeship program
The Jaguar Land Rover Technician Apprenticeship Program is designed to attract entry-level automotive technology students to become certified as a Jaguar Land Rover Level 3 Associate Technicians.
Selection for the program is highly competitive in keeping with the tradition of professionalism found in the Jaguar and Land Rover brands. The primary goal of this initiative is to recruit and train candidates to become brand-certified Jaguar or Land Rover Automotive Service Technicians.
The program consists of two progressive phases of training:
Phase I: Completion of 12 weeks of training at the JLR ACADEMY:
Candidate completes an application and completes a screening process.
Begins interviewing with retailer to be considered for employment.
Attends training and is responsible for the cost of housing
Apprentice is certified as a Level 3 Associate upon successful completion of final assessments.
Eligible veterans can receive GI BILL benefits for up to 12 months
Phase II: Interview for Initial employment at the JLR Retailer:
If offered, begins working at a JLR Retailer as a full time employee, receives a starter set of Snap-on Tools; terms & conditions apply.
The Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Service Technician core job description:
- Supports day to day workshop operations.
- Completes work orders including details of repairs completed and parts required.
- Tests vehicles appropriately and effectively and provides accurate diagnostic reports to the Workshop Supervisor.
- Interprets and uses technical data and instruction provided by the manufacturer (e.g. using the TOPIx system)
- Conducts routine service work on vehicles brought into the workshop.
- Removes and installs vehicle components in accordance with the manufacturer’s methodology.
- Carries out vehicle health checks and identifies areas of concern.
- Carries out preparations for new vehicles.
- Ensures correct materials, tools and measuring devices are used against JLR specifications outlined within repair procedures (TOPIx).
- Ensures any faults have been reported and noted on job cards and informs the Service Manager/ Workshop Supervisor of any additional faults not covered in the scope of the repair threatening delay of completion.
- Ensures all work is completed to manufacturer standards and rules.
- Maintains tools and equipment and checks the calibration and general condition of workshop equipment in line with company policy.
- Disposes of waste in
Must have completed at least 12 month automotive certification
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Jaguar Land Rover (Calibre Systems)
Contact Person Title:
Senior Technical Recruiter
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
$16-$24 per hour
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: