You are here:
Published Date:13 Nov 2017
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior DevOps Engineer who will thrive as a member of an experienced, high performing and highly motivated team. A desire and ability to take ownership of complex projects and drive them to completion is required. This position offers the exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the revolution in healthcare IT.
The PPM/HIP team is a relatively small organization where individuals are called upon to wear many hats. As such, responsibilities outside of those described above may be assigned.
• Gather infrastructure requirements for applications and prepare technical specifications.
• Automate ongoing monitoring of systems
• Conduct system integration and workflow analysis and design
• Manage configuration and deployment of infrastructure in support of genetics lab operations and HIP applications
• Conduct root cause analysis across the full technology stack
• Contribute to best practices and continuous learning across team
• Contribute to design and implementation of overall system architecture
• Assist in maintenance and ongoing support of developed systems
• Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 8+ years managing development and production environments
• Experience interacting with end users, vendors, and technical staff
• Strong understanding of Linux/Unix environments, including administration
• Experience using SQL with Oracle or other RDBMS systems, including administrative functions
• Experience with Java EE, Spring and related technologies
• Comfortable with Eclipse IDE, GIT, Linux, Shell and/or Perl Scripting
• A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Contact Person Title:
Senior Applications Specialist
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: