You are here:
Published Date:31 Aug 2017
Harvard Business School We educate leaders who make a difference in the world. --MBA Program: An intensive, two-year residential program leading to an MBA degree --Doctoral Programs: Nine full-time programs leading to a PhD or DBA degree. --Executive Education: More than 80 programs preparing talented professionals from all over the world for new levels of leadership in their careers and within their organizations --Alumni Community: Nearly 70,000 business leaders in 150 countries
This position is responsible for overseeing class-based annual and reunion fundraising campaigns for a portfolio of classes with the goal of increasing unrestricted annual gifts, reunion class gifts, donor retention and acquisition, and volunteer engagement. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Determines and executes fundraising strategies to increase annual giving and reunion class gifts, including appeals, personal solicitations, events, stewardship activities, and strategic visits by School leadership.
• Develops and manages comprehensive campaign plan for reunion classes, including determining and recruiting leadership, setting goals, and collaborating on strategy for major, leadership and participation gifts.
• Identifies, recruits, trains, and manages alumni fundraising volunteers.
• Conducts 75-100 personal visits annually for recruiting, solicitation, volunteer management, cultivation, and stewardship purposes.
• Identifies prospects with 6-figure or higher capacity for longer term institutional engagement and giving.
• Works with colleagues to identify and implement best practices around fundraising and volunteer management in non-reunion classes.
• Collaborates with colleagues across External Relations (major gifts, reunion giving, annual and leadership giving, principal gifts and gift planning) to identify gift strategies for prospects.
• Analyzes monthly results and reports progress to volunteers.
• Serves as customer service representative and often the primary relationship manager between HBS and alumni prospects and fundraising volunteers in assigned classes.
Minimum 5 years of directly related development experience required.
Note: Will consider candidates with 5+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years of direct development experience at grade 56 level.
BA/BS or equivalent. Exceptional interpersonal, organization, oral and written communication skills. Ability to relate well to seasoned, sophisticated alumni constituency with poise, professionalism and confidence. Ability to make a case for giving, speak intelligently about the work of the School and to answer challenging questions from alumni. Proven ability to develop strategy, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines. Proven sound judgment and ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Note: There are 2 positions we are looking to hire.
Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter @HBSJobs
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities. Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/57kxv2nhvwmbcghb
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Harvard Business School
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: