You are here:
Published Date:20 May 2019
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
- You will be responsible for driving quality assurance activities to develop/support world-class manufacturing operations in a Value Stream team-oriented environment.
- This effort is accomplished through the maintenance of a quality data infrastructure through which supplier, in-process, and product quality is monitored, reported, and driven.
- There is a strong emphasis on the ability to work with multi-functional teams and a requirement for expertise in problem solving techniques to resolve quality issues.
What will you do?
- Test and troubleshoot electronic/mechanical devices returned from customers, or new products prior to shipment as needed
- Develop/Maintain Quality Assurance policies and procedures, work instructions, forms, and other documentation. Revise documents to better define, improve, or clarify practices, process and/or product quality
- Investigate and obtain resolution to warranty claims and customer complaints, as assigned.
- Assure that quality standards comply with division and departmental policies, national and international codes, and applicable safety requirements.
- Set up and perform routine mechanical, visual and First Article inspection and verifying compliance to drawings/specs
- Assist in Material Review Board disposition of defective material
- Perform ISO internal audits as required
- Maintain calibration of tools required for production
- Other responsibilities as required
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in a production environment, preferably in Quality
- Hands on experience working with internal personnel in the implementation of root cause corrective action plan based on failure analysis results.
- Well versed in inspection measuring equipment for mechanical systems, and use of calipers, radius gauges, micrometers, pin gauges, etc.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills (MRB, CAPA, FMEA, 8D) are desirable
- Experience using ERP system (MAPICS and/or SAP) a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and make decisions based on that interpretation
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lift and move 30-40 pound packages; able to maneuver a pallet jack
This position has not been approved for relocation.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED