You are here:
Published Date:06 Oct 2017
At NeuroMetrix, we believe that technology can empower people to reclaim their lives from chronic disease. Through our long-standing history and clinical expertise, we understand that by tapping into the power of the nervous system, we can affect disease without the side effects of drugs. Our mission is to improve health through technology – by investing in meaningful innovation and gathering data, we can use these insights to transform medicine.
NeuroMetrix is an innovative health-care company that develops wearable medical technology and point-of-care tests that help patients and physicians better manage chronic pain, nerve diseases, and sleep disorders. Our business is fully integrated with in-house capabilities spanning product development, manufacturing, regulatory affairs and compliance, sales and marketing, and customer support. We derive revenues from the sale of medical devices and after-market consumable products and accessories. Our products are sold in the United States and selected overseas markets, and are cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and regulators in foreign jurisdictions where appropriate. We have two principal product lines: wearable neuro-stimulation therapeutic devices, and point-of-care neuropathy diagnostic tests.
Our core expertise in biomedical engineering has been refined over nearly two decades of designing, building and marketing medical devices that stimulate nerves and analyze nerve response for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. We created the market for point-of-care nerve testing and were first to market with sophisticated, wearable technology for management of chronic pain. We have an experienced management team and Board of Directors. Our Scientific Advisory Board includes internationally recognized experts in diabetes and pain.
For more information, please visit http://www.NeuroMetrix.com or http://www.quellrelief.com
The Production Engineering Technician will be an intricate part of the engineering and manufacturing team.
• Responsible for investigation, troubleshooting, repair and test of Neurometrix product RMAS
• Responsible for Production Final Testing Failures
• Create and provide status updates and reports on a specific schedule as well as ad hoc
• Graphing in excel
• Develop Stand Operating Procedures
• Create and design training material as needed
• Troubleshoot to component level. Both analog and digital
• Soldering and de-soldering surface mount components on circuit boards
• Perform repairs to devices and sub-assemblies
• Build, assemble prototypes and test systems
NeuroMetrix is conveniently located in Waltham MA close to the intersection of the Mass Pike and Route 128. It is easily accessible from Boston and the western suburbs and is also a reasonable commute from the northwest and southwest suburbs. Our production facility is in Woburn MA.
Work environment and Benefits:
Our work environment is collaborative and energized. Every employee plays an important role. We are all currently focused our new product, Quell, for the treatment of chronic pain without a prescription. Quell is backed by a promising, multi-year R&D pipeline.
We have an attractive benefits program administered by ADP TotalSource. We offer health insurance under Harvard Pilgrim, Dental through Guardian and Vision through VSP. NeuroMetrix covers premiums for short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance. Through ADP TotalSource. We offer health insurance under Harvard Pilgrim, Dental through Guardian and Vision through VSP. NeuroMetrix covers premiums for short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance. Through ADP Totalsource, NeuroMetrix offers many voluntary insurance plans such as pet insurance, additional life insurance and discounted legal assistance. We have a tiered structure for personal days covering vacation and illness and a 401K retirement plan. All employees participate in our stock option program.
• Engineering technician degree with 3 – 5 years in related field or military experience
• Labwindows CVI,C, C++ programming preferred by not required
• Standard Test Equipment experience (Oscilloscopes, source meters, function generators)
• Knowledge of driver installations on window based systems
• Ability to use hand tools
• Knowledge of ESD practices
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, be a self-starter and team player
• Soldering to component level on circuit boards
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Contact Person Title:
Director of Human Resources
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: