Published Date:07 May 2019
Comprehensive health care of the highest quality to everyone in our community, regardless of ability to pay.
Lynn Community Health Center is the largest provider of primary care, behavioral health, eye care, and dental services in one of the most medically underserved communities in Massachusetts.
Established in 1971 as a small storefront mental health clinic, we now have more than 600 employees at multiple sites throughout the City of Lynn. We serve more than 41,000 individuals annually—35% of all Lynn residents.
We value your interest in our organization!
Description of Duties:
- Perform daily functions of the Optical Service, including selling, ordering and dispensing eyeglasses, customer service, and maintaining an accurate inventory.
- Additional responsibilities may include involvement with financial records, collecting and maintaining accurate patient financial, insurance and demographic information.
- Collaborate with the Eye Care Services Practice Manager, and the health center’s billing and fiscal offices to assure the flow of information needed for third party billing for eyeglasses.
- Optimize patient satisfaction by assisting patients in choosing appropriate eye wear and maintaining patient flow in the Optical Service.
- Assist patients in making follow up appointments as needed.
- Accurately utilize EPM and EHR systems for scheduling, documentation, reviewing, printing and/or updating patient information etc.
- Assist Optometrist with paperwork and/or phone calls as assigned.
- Assist in office duties such as duplicating, faxing, filing, supply ordering/inventory and light typing.
- Maintains work and reception areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Attend in-service training, team and other appropriate medical, staff and health center meetings.
- Must possess and maintain updated optician license in accordance with Massachusetts state licensing and examination requirements
- Prior optical experience, experience in receptionist/patient care coordination in a medical practice setting is helpful.
- Computer experience and familiarity with Windows 2000, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- ICD-9; CPT knowledge or willingness to be trained.
- Familiarity with minority and culturally diverse populations, health access and social issues required.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish with knowledge of medical or optical terminology preferred
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- Previous experience in a community setting with demonstrated attention to detail preferred.
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude.
- The essential job duties of this position present risk of exposure to bodily fluids and blood borne pathogens.
Annual attendance at LCHC Bloodborne pathogen training is required. Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended and available at no charge at the Health Center. Declination form must be signed if Hepatitis B vaccine is declined.
Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
- Resumes and applications received by Lynn Community Health Center are acknowledged by the Human Resources Department.
- Interviews are scheduled by the hiring manager for applicants whose qualifications best meet the needs of the department and the health center.
How to Apply Guideline:
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.