You are here:
Published Date:02 Jul 2018
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston (OCB) was established in 1969 to offer patients the highest quality eye care and laser/surgical treatment. OCB has nine practice locations in the greater Boston area and Cape Cod. In addition, OCB has three affiliated surgery and laser centers. OCB and its affiliates employ 350+ employees. The staff of 32 ophthalmologists uses the most advanced diagnostic, laser and surgical techniques available and their level of care has earned Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston a national and international reputation for excellence.
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston has an opening in our Optical Shop for a Front Desk Representative. We are seeking a team player who is professional, organized and enjoys working in a fast paced medical environment.
• answers phones & greets patients
• assisting with customer inquiries
• responsibilities include taking contact lens orders over the phone, through e-mail and clinical messaging, for both patients and doctors.
• Processing contact lens orders and dispensing lenses to patients or optometrists.
• responsible for assisting patients as they wait to be serviced by an optician.
• maintain an open relationship with all Ophthalmologists and optical shop vendors
• help in maintaining a popular stock of eyeglass frames and accessories.
• take an active role in ensuring the Optical Shop is clean and organized for customers to view products.
• help create and execute marketing plans to improve Optical sales volume.
OCB offers industry leading benefits including the 401(k) and great medical and dental benefits. With a convenient location and plenty of growth potential, there is no reason not to join our team. To find out more about OCB, please visit our website at www.eyeboston.com. OCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Experience in the optical industry helpful.
• Apprentice and or ABO/NCLE certified a plus.
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, optometrists, optical staff, and staff members of other OCB departments.
• Ability to multi task, deal with demanding patients, keep accurate records and to communicate clearly.
• Must represent the optical shop in a professional and pleasant manner.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED