You are here:
Published Date:07 Sep 2017
Beacon is a privately owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multi-family housing. Our portfolio includes affordable housing, market rate housing and mixed income-housing. Our developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing. We take on challenging developments and make them succeed. Our driving passion is to create well-designed, healthy homes that improve the quality of life of our residents and enhance the neighborhoods in which they are located.
General Statement of Duties: Performs maintenance duties necessary to maintain the physical condition and appearance of the property that will enhance the value of the community utilizing company operating and safety standards. Ensures that service requests and minor repairs are made correctly in a timely manner. Must live no more than 30 minutes from the property.
Supervision Received: Reports to Maintenance Supervisor.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required unless it is temporarily assigned.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
• Performs various maintenance functions including minor repairs that do not require the need for a license in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, heating/air issues.
• Completes minor repairs and improvements in vacant units for market ready status in a timely manner.
• Performs general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, and ceramic tile repair. Assists with vinyl floor, cove and wall base installation.
• Maintains equipment and monitors inventory.
• Responsible for snow removal.
• Assists with trash removal and keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris.
• Performs emergency on-call service for after hours maintenance-related issues as required.
• Assists with emergency roof repairs and exterior siding repairs.
• Performs assigned preventive maintenance duties and tasks.
• Assists cleaning staff as required.
• Completes special projects as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
• Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
• Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
• Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
• Participates in training seminars as requested.
Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools. Must be computer proficient. Must possess neat and orderly work habits. Maintains a valid driver's license. Possesses adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and heating standard practices. Basic knowledge of general carpentry. Ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to com
Education, Training and Experience: Any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED