You are here:
Published Date:22 Sep 2017
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, often referred to as BB&N, is an independent day school on multiple campuses in Cambridge, Massachusetts, educating students from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade.
The Afternoon All-School Maintenance Technician performs a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled building maintenance and repair tasks at all BB&N locations. Duties may include painting, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating/cooling, minor roof/building repairs, event set up, and related work. The Afternoon All-School Maintenance Technician will work independently, with minimal supervision, to accomplish specific tasks. Assignments will be made verbally by the supervisor, or via email or work order. This position is 40 hours per week, working 1:00pm to 9:30pm, Monday through Friday. Hours may be modified to the day shift when school is not in session.
Experience in a building trade such as carpentry, painting, masonry, electrical, or a combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
Additional qualifications include:
• A valid Driver’s License
• Knowledge of the materials, tools, methods, and equipment used in a building trade such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and painting
• Knowledge of repair and work safety practices for structures, furnishings, and equipment
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of electrical and HVAC systems
• Working knowledge of OSHA regulations, fire, and life safety standards
• Understand and work from plans & specifications
• Work with limited supervision
• Follow oral and written instructions
• A problem solver
• Ability to work both indoors & outdoors
• Able to climb and work off a ladder
• Use BB&N email, Computerized Work Order System, and MS Office software
• Provide supervision, training and assistance to others as required
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED