You are here:
Published Date:13 Nov 2017
Providing affordable housing for seniors
Supervises the efficient operation, maintenance, security and administration of physical facilities and grounds, ensuring safe, clean and attractive facilities at all times. Conducts periodic inspections of physical plant, mechanical systems, and grounds, and maintains maintenance records in accordance with JCHE standards and government regulations. Purchases and controls maintenance inventory in a manner that prevents waste and theft. Oversees facility security including key control, security equipment, and parking lot usage. Reports to management on status of physical facilities and staff and proactively recommends solutions to prevent and resolve problems and provide improvements to facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Supervise facility maintenance staff and contractors ensuring work is completed to JCHE standards. Ensures staff is properly trained and licensed. Establishes standard for teamwork and professionalism to ensure continued compliance with JCHE standards.
• Builds positive relationships with JCHE vendors and contractors.
• Interacts with residents in a sensitive manner and promptly reports any resident concerns to Resident Services.
• Ensures 24 hour staff coverage to address emergencies.(Site rep when office is closed; maintenance staff person when offices are open)
• Conduct routine inspections of the property according to JCHE standards, and correct any issues promptly.
• Maintains physical building and grounds in accordance with JCHE and Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD REAC”) REAC standards.
• Performs mechanical tasks and repairs or delegates tasks to maintenance mechanics. Monitors completion and maintains facilities software (e.g., Realpage)
• Prepares vacant units for re-rental in cost-effective and timely manner, in accordance with regulatory and JCHE requirements.
• Participates in snow removal activities ensuring entryways, walkways and lots are clear of ice and snow.
• Prepare purchase orders for the Executive Director’s approval prior to committing funds that exceed the Supervisor’s spending authority.
• Assist the Executive Director in preparing the annual budget and controlling costs.
• Establish and maintain inventory management system for all equipment, tools and maintenance supplies for most efficient use and to prevent waste, loss, and theft.
• Develops specifications for hiring contractors, participate in bid procurement, renovation planning and construction team support and moni
• High School diploma.
• Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a residential building.
• Basic knowledge of high efficiency boilers and heating plants, plumbing, heating, HVAC, and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
• Knowledge of elevators and high-rise buildings systems.
• Knowledge of ‘Green Initiatives”.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
• Ability to prioritize, delegate, coach, and monitor staff.
• Ability to plan, create and utilize organized task management and communication tools.
• Ability to obtain Hoisting License, Bobcat.
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
• Proficient in computer software for record keeping, communicating, and reporting.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED