You are here:
Published Date:23 Jan 2019
Provides affordable housing to seniors
● Performs general mechanical tasks including minor electrical, plumbing, heating and appliance repairs as assigned and allowed by local code in apartment units as well as common areas.
● Performs preventive maintenance and routine engineering checks in all mechanical and boiler rooms; maintains logs, work orders and other required documentation.
● Performs daily/weekly walkthroughs of entire building and grounds to observe, list and report areas in need of services and/or repairs, and performs services and/or repairs as scheduled or assigned.
● Prepares vacant apartments for new residents and refreshing apartment unit as needed; patches, paints, repairs, and/or replaces cabinets, countertops, fixtures, appliances, etc.
● Performs unit inspections, in tandem with Resident Service Teams, to ensure building/unit integrity, safety, and compliance to inspection mandates.
● Performs routine engineering checks in all mechanical and boiler rooms as scheduled or assigned, and maintains logs, work orders and other documentation as they relate to same.
● Time in/time out or other tracking system functions will be documented on all work orders.
● Maintains and supports the tracking of inventory control systems to ensure adequate supplies at all times.
● Completes materials requisitions according to JCHE standards.
● The requisitioning of materials will be done on standard JCHE requisition slips and be filled out neatly and completely. Mechanics portion is up to but not including the amount of the purchase. It will be submitted in timely fashion so as not to require immediate action.
● Responds to medical and fire emergencies along with Resident Services staff.
● Performs snow removal.
● Performs grounds maintenance duties, such as mowing, weeding, sweeping, and sanding.
● Performs light carpentry and interior/exterior painting.
● Ensures JCHE work practices are safe and in compliance with JCHE standards and government regulations at all times.
● Performs maintenance tasks required to maintain systems and aesthetics of building complex.
● Performs cleaning/janitorial duties when scheduled or assigned.
● Views employee bulletin board on a daily basis to remain abreast of regular posting of policies, schedules and company news pertaining to employees.
● Is responsible for proper dress, in JCHE uniforms, at all times.
● May provide evening, weekend and holiday emergency coverage by carrying an "emergenc
● High School diploma. Post-secondary technical training preferred.
● Strong commitment and dedication to individual scheduling expectations and ensuring on time performance standards are met
● Knowledge of building trades, mechanics, and/or building maintenance.
● Knowledge of plumbing, heating, HVAC, and electrical systems.
● Must have at least two years of hands-on experience
● Strong problem solving skills, interpersonal, and communication skills.
● Basic math skills preferred.
● Hoisting License preferred.
● Demonstrated customer service skills.
● Ability to make repairs not requiring a license.
● Ability to work with limited supervision and as part of team.
● Fluent in English.
● Proficiency in use of computers and computerized systems, including email, work order and record keeping systems.
● Comfortable working with older adults.
● Willingness to learn to work with high efficiency boilers and heating plants.
● Willingness to learn about basic operation of photovoltaic systems and co-generation systems preferred.
● Valid Massachusetts’ driver’s license.
● Must be able to safely use hand and power tools, etc.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com; by fax to (617) 912-8469, or by mail to Human Resources, 2Life Communities, 30 Wallingford Road, Brighton, MA 02135. For further information about 2Life Communities and its Brighton Campus, see our website at www.2lifecommunities.org. 2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Commensurate with Experience
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED