You are here:
Published Date:13 Nov 2017
As a community development corporation (CDC), Just-A-Start (JAS) is dedicated to building the housing security and economic stability of low- to moderate-income people in Cambridge and nearby communities. Through comprehensive and integrated programs, JAS creates and maintains affordable housing, provides housing resources and services, offers education and workforce training for youth and adults, and builds community engagement. JAS’s vision is a better future for each and every community member: a secure home, a sustaining career, and engagement in the community.
The IT instructor is responsible for teaching Windows Operating System and Applications/Concepts courses to approximately 20 students, using curriculum that aligns to BHCC Hardware/Software Support Certificate Program. This is a 20 – 25 hour per week position. Part time employees of Just-A-Start enjoy PTO and Paid Holidays and after six months are eligible for the 401k with employer contributions.
• Assist with curriculum development to assure alignment to industry
• Maintain appropriate classroom management while utilizing a variety of teaching methods and strategies to meet the needs of varying student learning styles
• Maintain and document course preparation and evaluation tools
• Assess students’ learning outcomes and prepare progress report for all students
• Ensure that students’ communications abilities and professional skills meet the needs of internship and Post-Secondary Education partners
• Provide guidance for self-directed learning and provide one-on-one tutoring outside of class
• Prepare students for COMPT TIA A+ Certificate Exam
• Assist with recruitment and admission process
• BA Degree in a relevant field (Information Technology, Computer Science) and a minimum of 2 years teaching adults, or equivalent required
• Industry standard certification CompTIA, MCSE etc. acceptable
• Experience in implementing progressive methodologies and in creating a hands on, interactive learning environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork and time management skills
• Ability to work well with diverse populations and develop positive relationships with students, colleagues, and staff.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Just A Start Corporation
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: