You are here:
Published Date:29 Aug 2017
As part of the Central bank of the United States, the Boston Fed works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. We contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts.
This position is responsible for operating, maintaining, repairing and renovating the building's heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and fire protection, emergency generator, pumping, water, air and steam distribution systems.
1. Take and evaluate operational readings of utilities and equipment, interpreting status and needs, and take appropriate corrective actions.
2. Inspect, test, locate trouble in, and make repairs to all assigned equipment located throughout the building including off shift responsibility for check conveyor system and emergencies in building areas.
3. Test, evaluate and take appropriate action to chemically treat the building's piping distribution system.
4. Operate power tools and equipment in the safest efficient manner within operating parameters.
5. Interpret schematics, as well as systems and building diagrams and blueprints.
6. Complete shop related paperwork and assist other trade areas as necessary.
7. Respond to off shifts service and emergency calls.
This position is not required to directly supervise others.
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a high school diploma or G.E.D. and vocational or technical training and a minimum of 5 years of experience working in large central plant operations.
This position also requires a Massachusetts HVAC Journeyman's license and EPA Universal Refrigerant Recovery Certification.
Must have a successful track record of working collaboratively on HVAC teams.
Must have a strong working knowledge of energy management best practices and must be committed to a continuous program of professional development in energy management strategies.
A CEM Certification a plus.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Contact Person Title:
Senior Recruiter, Diversity Specialist
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED