You are here:
Published Date:07 May 2019
North Shore Medical Center (NSMC) is the North Shore’s largest healthcare provider and one of its largest employers. With multiple hospitals, ambulatory care sites and physician offices, we offer comprehensive care and a commitment to exceptional quality, safety and kindness.
As a member of Partners HealthCare, founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, NSMC provides patients with access to some of the most talented sub-specialists in the world through clinical collaborations.
Under general supervision and according to established procedures:
- Installs, inspects, replaces, tests, and perform repairs to refrigeration and HVAC equipment and systems, controls and appliances that maintain the supply and integrity of the heating, cooling, ventilation and refrigeration systems and equipment throughout the Hospital facilities.
- Performs minor electrical, mechanical and plumbing tasks as required, when related to HVAC duties.
• Work requires level of knowledge of safe and efficient equipment repair, installation, and preventative maintenance, generally acquired through one year related experience
• Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively lead a small group of subordinate personnel, and to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships within the department.
• Analytical skills necessary in order to organize and oversee the work of others, and to effectively evaluate efficiency of equipment and work performed by subordinates and or outside contractors.
• Knowledge of installation and repair of refrigeration equipment, and knowledge of testing and repairing refrigeration electrical control systems, generally acquired through post-high school technical training in refrigeration mechanics, usually lasting one year.
• Knowledge of safe and efficient equipment repair, installation, and preventative maintenance, generally acquired through one year related experience
Preferred: 2 to 3 years experience as an HVAC Technician
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Supplemental HVAC Vocational training
Licensure, Certification, or Registration:
Required: Must maintain current and valid Massachusetts Refrigeration Technician License
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
North Shore Medical Center
Contact Person Title:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED