You are here:
Published Date:02 May 2018
Tufts University’s Facilities department provides professional, high quality and cost effective services to the faculty, staff and students of the University. The commitment includes planning, building, maintaining and operating the department to maximize long-term value. Each Facilities employee is expected to meet the needs of our customers and to strive to exceed their expectations.
• Respond to, trouble shoot and repair HVAC calls across the Medford Campus.
• Install/replace/repair all types of HVAC related equipment including environmental boxes.
• Operate and monitor JCI Controls.
• Participate on small in-house construction team to complete minor renovation projects such as hanging/piping fan coils, duct work and controls.
• Complete PM work orders as assigned.
• Daily time entry in the Maximo system. Perform similar or related duties as required.
• Position requires 10+ years of experience and extensive knowledge in the maintenance, installations and cleaning of various types of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems.
• Candidate must have current, valid Massachusetts Driver’s License.
• Must possess a current, valid Massachusetts Journeyman’s Refrigeration License and Sheet Metal License.
• Certification in EPA/DEP and Universal CFC reclamation is required.
• Reading, writing and comprehension of the English language is required as well as the ability to compute addition, subtraction, multiplication and division functions using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• Must be able to read blueprints and HVAC diagrams, repair and program JCI controls and demonstrate ability to use or be willing to learn Maximo Maintenance System.
• Basic computer knowledge and operation skills.
• Must work with minimal supervision.
• Trade or vocational school is strongly preferred.
• Must be mature, adaptable, and have the ability to work pleasantly and tactfully with his/her fellow employees, faculty, students and staff.
• To complete jobs using the right knowledge and materials, and to do so in a safe and timely manner.
• Develop new and creative ways of keeping the exterior of the buildings (campus) well maintained.
• Maintain the mindset that we are a service organization and strive to improve on service both as an individual and as part of a department. Proving to the customer that you are working in their best interests.
• Minimum of 5 years of Digital Controls experience.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Contact Person Title:
Human Resources Assistant
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED