You are here:
Published Date:02 May 2019
The Highway Safety Equipment Technician 1 works under the direction of the Highway Safety Equipment Technician 2. This position is responsible for the inspection, diagnosis, repair, modification and certification of evidential breath test devices, alcohol screening devices and all associated accessories used in the testing of alcohol impaired drivers. This position is also responsible for computer hardware and software maintenance, along with data management, report generation and data analysis associated with the evidential testing of impaired drivers. Duties include:
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses malfunctions, performs repair/modification work and maintains and certifies all types of evidential and screening breath test devices and their associated accessories.
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses malfunctions, performs repair/modification work and maintains and certifies all types of speed enforcement devices such as radar and LIDAR units and their associated accessories.
• Generates and verifies court-ready certification documents to identify any and all maintenance, repair, and modification work performed on electronic instrumentation.
• Sources and obtains inventory replacement parts required to repair instrumentation.
• Researches product specifications, performs all necessary repairs/modifications and conducts final inspections within all required standards and policies.
• Maintains both hard copy and computerized database to document all services performed on instrumentation.
• Provides expert courtroom testimony on the use, and maintenance of all instruments the Highway Safety Technology Unit services.
• Approximately 5% statewide travel. Some overtime may be required.
Sixty credit hours in engineering, technology, chemistry, or physics, which include at least fifteen credit hours in electronics, and: two years of experience in electronic troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, or design of solid state electronic instruments, including at least one year of involvement with micro-computer instrumentation.
Preferred method of applying is to e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailing to:
80 South Swan Street
Human Resources - 6th Floor
Albany, NY 12210
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services
Contact Person Title:
Human Resources Specialist 2
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
as soon as possible
48,027 starting - 61,229 range
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: