You are here:
Published Date:29 May 2019
The Institute of Contemporary Art strives to share the pleasures of reflection, inspiration, provocation, and imagination that contemporary art offers through public access to art, artists, and the creative process.
The ICA’s primary activities are to present outstanding contemporary art in all medium, including visual art exhibitions, music, film, video, and performance that is deserving of in depth public attention to Boston audiences. To provide innovative experiential learning opportunities for people of all ages through direct encounters with artists and art making. To design interpretative programs that provide context for, develop appreciation of, and add meaning to contemporary art and culture
We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices.
As a small tightly focused Information Technology team, we manage broad systems and application portfolios for over 100 end users across our Boston Seaport and East Boston locations; we run a robust, enterprise class network, server and application infrastructure including a mix of Cisco, HP, Aerohive and Dell/EMC hardware; running primarily Microsoft servers virtualized on VMware, an Avaya PBX, A/V systems and other components. End user devices include a mix of Windows and OSX with BYOD support provided for IOS and Android devices. Upcoming projects include cloud migrations, moving local email infrastructure and file services to the cloud.
We are seeking a curious and thoughtful person to deliver enabling technology that enhances the ICA’s mission. The IT staff are trained cross-functionally to share the workload, strive for personal, timely and effective support and believe IT activities should be effortless and transparent. This position offers many opportunities to make a meaningful impact on the overall IT strategy as IT systems are deeply embedded in the day to day museum operations.
About the role
The Helpdesk Analyst provides front line support to all end-user requests. With exposure to all aspects of the institution, you will become independent in managing the ticket queue with assistance from IT team members, outside consultants and vendors when appropriate.
What we need you to do
• Provide front line management of tickets submitted by end users or generated internally from the IT team including cross platform support for MS Office, file and print access, application access, presentation support etc.
• Support employee onboarding/off-boarding including user IDs, mailboxes, phone profiles etc.
• Provide training and support for end users as needed.
• Manage device inventory, imaging of devices and management of end user software portfolio.
• Assist in maintaining local network (switches, VLANs, cable plant, VMWare infrastructure) and wide-area communication networks
• A minimum of two years’ experience in a frontline support role in a multiplatform environment particularly Windows/Mac in a professional services organization, ideally in a nonprofit, cultural or public facing institution such as a museum
• A Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technology related area, or an Associate’s degree in a technology related area plus work experience or an equivalent mix of applicable certifications and work experience.
• A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently with the ability to recognize when each are required.
• Must be able to work odd hours and be on call after work hours and weekends as needed.
• On occasion, may need to lift up to 60lbs or get on a ladder.
• An appreciation and enthusiasm for the value of art institutions to a healthy and robust Boston.
Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest with desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying include “Help Desk Analyst” in the subject line of email.
Salary for this position is commensurate with education and experience. The ICA offers an excellent fringe benefit package that includes health and dental insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, 403(b) retirement plan, and a generous time off policy.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Institute of Contemporary Art
Contact Person Title:
Human Resources Manager
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED