You are here:
Published Date:23 Jan 2019
Gustavo Preston Company is the leading provider of pumping system design, service, and repair work in New England. From water booster pump systems to sump and sewage service, irrigation pumps to new system design, Gustavo Preston keeps your systems up and running.
Gustavo Preston Company is seeking a full time Field Service Technician to join its team. GPC is a sales distributor for pumping equipment in the New England area. Our service technicians deliver top of the line customer service by installing, repairing, and servicing water booster pumps and wastewater pumps. Our technicians are pumping equipment experts and we will train you as long as you bring the motivation and willingness to learn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily visits to various customer sites to provide exceptional service by repairing and/or servicing pumping equipment.
• Maintains rapport with customers by examining issues; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
• Document service and installation actions by completing forms, quotes, reports, logs, and records on a computer or smart phone.
As a valued team member, you will enjoy:
• Competitive compensation including potential for annual increases.
• Stable work all year long including plenty of available overtime: after 8 hours in a single day and double time after 4PM on Saturday and all day Sunday.
• Benefits include health, dental, and 401K, paid time off, paid holidays, and fitness reimbursement.
• Company provided truck, laptop, cell phone and credit card for gas and other traveling expenses (85%+ of the jobs require travel to Boston/Cambridge).
• Fantastic factory training including on site learning in the field with a skilled technician as well as OSHA, Safety and other classroom based training.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a mechanical field and a good working knowledge of electrical or electronic applications. Experience in pumps, motors or controls are a plus.
• Strong communication and relationship skills with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
• Excellent behavior, work ethic, and an understanding of how to conduct one’s self in an office environment as well as on the job site.
• Must be able to lift /carry up to 50lbs.
• Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a driving record check and background investigation.
• This is a day shift position but does require some after-hours work and weekends.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Gustavo Preston Company
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED