You are here:
Published Date:27 Jun 2018
Be a part of a dynamic and rapidly growing company. With a reputation for innovation, COPAN is the leading manufacturer of collection and transport systems in the world. COPAN’s collaborative approach to innovation in pre-analytics has resulted in the original FLOQSwabs, ESwab, FecalSwab and UTM, as well as Full Laboratory Automation. COPAN’s collection and systems have been proven to advance the quality of traditional and contemporary microbiology assays. COPAN's automation includes specimen processing, smart incubation, digital imaging, and strong algorithms for automatic segregation of bacterial cultures, followed by automated colony picking.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for administering preventative maintenance (PM) and troubleshooting, calibrating and performing electrical safety tests (EST) on automated microbiology equipment in the Worcester, MA area. The ideal candidate is involved in all areas of microbiology equipment technology, including monitoring work order requests, completing repairs, new equipment inspections and installations, PM’s, EST, and documenting all service activities.
Essential Job Functions
· Perform tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and assembly of automated microbiology equipment involving basic knowledge and abilities associated with the electronics, robotics, and mechanical processes.
· Achieves performance measures associated with the maintenance of equipment, productivity, customer satisfaction, and other performance standards.
· Complete all necessary documentation of activities involving the servicing of equipment in accordance with the manufacturer requirements.
· Serves as a resource for the proper operation, and maintenance of equipment
· Instructs instrument operators in proper equipment use
· Adheres to the highest level of customer service, while managing customer requests with diplomacy.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Associate’s degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or minimum 2-3 years equivalent formal related training required
· Must be reliable and able to work independently with limited supervision
· Excellent customer service expertise with outstanding communication skills
· Willingness and ability to be on call 24/7
· Comfortable working in clinical environments with infectious agents and biohazards
· Computer literacy and ability to read instrument schematics required
Job Time: Full-time
Minimum of an Associates Degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology or related field.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Contact Person Title:
Field Service Engineer
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Marlborough, MA/ Within 30 minutes
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: