You are here:
Published Date:22 May 2019
OMERS is one of Canada’s leading pension funds. We invest over $85 billion for more than 470,000 plan members and their families. Our investment professionals use a direct-drive, active management strategy to invest in public and private markets from our offices in Toronto, New York, London and Sydney. We are committed to earning superior returns by attracting world-class investors and by building a culture of excellence.
Established in 1960, Oxford Properties Group is the real estate arm of OMERS. As one of the world’s premier real estate investment, development and management companies, Oxford manages over $40 billion of real estate assets on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners, with a global portfolio spanning over 60 million square feet. We have offices across Canada, and in London, Luxembourg, Boston, Washington DC and New York, with regional investment, development and management professionals who have deep real estate expertise and local market insight. For more information about our hands-on approach to reach, visit www.oxfordproperties.com.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Proactive and positive demeanor with “can do” attitude.
• Conduct and monitor performance measurement and management review process, as applicable.
• Perform engineering maintenance analysis and repair activities, as required. Promote an environment of learning for all staff.
• Set challenging goals, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them and hold themselves and the team accountable for achieving results.
• Use software-based tenant request system to troubleshoot recurring problems and to increase tenant comfort.
• Collaborate with regional staff for the execution of strategic engineering related initiatives.
• Promote engineering best practices and emphasizing continuous improvement related to all engineering related matters.
• Collaborates with property management team to address customer relation issues.
• Clearly organize and express ideas and opinions both orally and in writing.
• Utilize PM program to ensure preventive maintenance (PM) is being scheduled and performed in a planned and effective manner. Actively monitor completion reports and make adjustments when necessary. Provide Sr. Engineer or Chief engineer with monthly reports.
• Utilize software-based work order system to effectively monitor, schedule and evaluate manpower and resources.
• Promote energy awareness and conservation utilizing the MACH energy program and the building’s energy management systems. Including working with property management to execute on the asset specific sustainability program.
• Support Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer by overseeing vendors and contractors to ensure building systems are properly maintained and all work is performed in accordance with building rules and regulations and that safety plans are submitted when applicable.
• Support Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer with oversight of construction activities including plan review, submitting comments and attending job site meetings to ensure compliance with base building standards and specifications and local authorities – building department, fire department, etc.
• Assist the Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer in the management of capital and special projects, including – compliance with building rules and regulations, and ensuring proper close-out documentation.
• Actively enforce life safety and emergency procedures and policies. Assist Sr. Enginee
• Experience - Two to three years’ relevant experience in modern office building. Strong “hands on” troubleshooting skills in HVAC, building controls systems, electrical and plumbing.
• Education - Two year trade school certificate emphasizing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, life safety and building control systems preferred.
• Certifications - Asset: Relevant state/local license for Refrigeration Technician, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license, OSHA, ACM awareness and BOMA accredited course certifications desirable.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Oxford Properties Group
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
225 Franklin Street, Boston, MA 02110
Position Start Date:
$30-$38 an hour
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED