You are here:
Published Date:27 Sep 2017
Since 1924, Brookline Ice & Coal Company, family-owned and operated, has taken pride in serving the food service and hospitality industry with the finest, ice, charcoal, gourmet flavored woods, fuels, and refrigeration products available.
A seven day a week operation, personalized attention, and quality products, make Brookline Ice the company to call when the success of your event demands the very best. Food service professionals rely on us when timing is especially important. We get your products to you on time. Our prompt, efficient, radio-dispatched delivery service has set the standard for the industry.
• Responsible for carrying out preventive maintenance on production equipment as well as troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning equipment.
• Responsible for making sure manufacturing equipment is functional and supplies are ready.
• Provides routine and daily inspection of filtration system for the ice makers.
• Evaluates the production quality by visually inspecting and documenting the ice product for clarity, cube size, and hole space.
• Responsible for daily food safety and maintenance record keeping as related to the packaging room.
• Assists the Facilities Maintenance Manager with assigned tasks surrounding building maintenance for the company and tenant who shares the 79,000 square foot building; including HVAC, plumbing, and general repairs.
• Order and maintain an inventory of spare parts necessary for production equipment.
• Assist vendor personnel when needed; including ammonia refrigeration technicians, cooling tower chemical treatment company, professional tradesmen etc.
• During peak periods and weekends, this position may be required to assist with packaging product and consult with operations on production needs.
• Three years or more of maintenance repair experience in a food industry / industrial environment.
• HVAC refrigeration license candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Welding, plumbing, electrical trouble shooting experience is preferred.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that will include overtime and weekends based on business demands and seasonality of the business.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be able to work various temperature environments - freezer and engine room
• Must be organized with strong computer skills
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Brookline Ice Co.
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
negotiable based on experience
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required: