You are here:
Published Date:11 Jun 2018
GBFB is looking for a Senior Facilities Technician to join our Building & Facilities Team. The Senior Facilities Technician has a lead role in the building and grounds maintenance, cleaning, and security for the Greater Boston Food Bank‘s (GBFB’s) LEED Silver Certified, 117,000 SQFT energy efficient building. The Team Member will work with vendors and contractors, as well as the GBFB community, in order to maintain the building and grounds including but not limited to parking areas, walkways, roof, warehouse, coolers, freezer, stairwells, office, and conference rooms and in public areas. There will be cross training with the AIB Support Technician and the Director of Building and Facilities, to provided support and/or coverage during absences. The responsibility also includes emergency response to address any electrical, mechanical and/or maintenance and alarm issues as needed.
• Performing maintenance tasks, such as specialized cleaning, equipment greasing, belt replacement, filter replacement, etc.
• Provide leadership and support to the AIB Support Technician to ensure AIB standards are maintained.
• Coordinate vendors support as needed.
• Completing landscape tasks (grass cutting, weed trimming, snow removal, spreading of ice melt, etc.) as necessary.
• Completing facility upkeep, painting, and other building repair tasks.
• Working with suppliers or contractors as needed and help with coordinating efforts.
• Supporting the GBFB team in preparation for events within and outside the building.
• Assisting as a Team Member in other functional area of the warehouse or office as directed by Director of Building and Facilities. This includes, but is not limited to event set up and assisting with special projects.
• Working with Salesforce to identify calls and respond to them, suggesting priorities in agreement with the Director of Facilities.
• Emergency response on short notice to oversee maintenance and security for entire building and surrounding parking lots
Experience and Skills:
•Strong written and verbal communication skills.
•Computer skills including Word, Excel and able to snd and receive emails (Salesforce a plus).
•Ability to read engineering drawings.
•Strong HVAC mechanical background in a building and/or warehouse environment (Familiar with HVAC controls, Trane HVAC units, Reznor HV units and R507 refrigeration equipment a plus).
•Strategic thinking regarding building maintenance with a keen ability to multi-task in a safe manner.
•Mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills (HVACR licensed a plus).
•Industrial cleaning and sanitation skills a plus.
•Strong customer service skills.
•High School diploma (or equivalent)
•HVAC trade school graduate (Mechanical engineering degree a plus) 5 to7 years of facility maintenance experience in a HVAC mechanical role.
•Supervisory experience is a plus.
•Mechanical, electrical and plumbing experience, including hand and power tool usage.
•Team player, flexible, self-starter; ability to communicate and interact well with others.
Equal Opportunity Notification We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.
Name of Company:
Greater Boston Food Bank
Contact Person Title:
Type of Position:
Location of Position:
Position Start Date:
Average Hours Per Week:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School or GED