Welcome to Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology! We salute and thank you for your service to our nation. Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. In order to make the best decision, we strongly recommend that you consider the type of learning environment and industry which excite and challenge you the most.
BFIT students are distinguished by their desire to learn theoretical and technical concepts enriched with practical and industrial applications. Our small classroom sizes, with an 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio, enable us to provided a "high-touch" technical education, whereby the instructors work closely with students to achieve success.
The Alliance for Science & Technology Research in America estimates that in the next few years Massachusetts will have 300,000 jobs available that will require science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
Why choose BFIT?
- According to our surveys, 90% of alumni get jobs in their field or continue their education
- We are the only college in Massachusetts to offer degrees in: Health Information Technology (B.S.), Automotive Management (B.S.), Electrical Technology (A.S.) and Opticianry (A.S.)
- Our graduation rate is 2X the national average and 3X the Massachusetts average for 2-year colleges
- Student-to-Faculty ratio: 11:1 for individualized attention
- State of the art labs and classrooms
- Majors that lead to real, sustainable careers that are in high-demand
- Multiple layers of academic support, including free tutoring
We guide you every step of the way
Our dedicated and helpful staff in Admissions and Student Success program will:
- Fully explain the GI Bill benefits and requirements
- Assist you with the financial aid process from beginning to end
- Provide guidance and support to you and your family when applying for Veteran benefits
- Connect you with your academic program of interest, including faculty and students
Tip: When you apply, BFIT will waive the $100 tuition deposit fee. Pleases make sure you indicate that you are or have been a member of the US Armed Forces (a veteran) to have the fee waived.