Early Access to College
Do you want to begin earning college credit while you are in high school? Are you interested in taking college-level classes at no charge? Are you ready to test-drive a particular college major? If you answered yes to any one of these questions, then Early Access to College (EAC) is a good fit for you! EAC is our successful dual enrollment program, which increases students’ chances of accessing a college education and landing an exciting job with opportunities for advancement, and a brighter future.
The Alliance for Science & Technology Research in America estimates that in the next few years Massachusetts will have 300,000 jobs available that will require skills and education in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Why enroll in Early Access to College?
- Earn college credit that also counts as credit toward your BPS high school diploma
- Take college-level classes at no charge
- Receive whole-student support services
- Develop abilities in self-management, advocacy, and persistence
- Build practical skills and "test drive" college
- Complete one full year of college (half an associate degree!) while still in high school