Early Access to College
Do you want to begin earning college credit while you are in high school? Are you interested in taking college-level classes at no charge? Are you ready to test-drive a particular college major? If you answered yes to any one of these questions, then Early Access to College (EAC) is a good fit for you! EAC is our successful dual enrollment program, which increases students’ chances of accessing a college education and landing an exciting job with opportunities for advancement, and a brighter future.
The Alliance for Science & Technology Research in America estimates that in the next few years Massachusetts will have 300,000 jobs available that will require science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Why enroll in EAC?
- Earn college credit that also counts as credit toward your BPS high school diploma
- Take college-level classes at no charge
- You're committed to a technology career, but not necessarily pursuing an Advanced Placement or fast-track to college
- Would benefit from the full complement of BFIT's hallmark Whole-Student Support services, including staff support for understanding and navigating the financial aid process
- Develop abilities in self-management, advocacy, and persistence
- Build practical skills and "test drive" college
- Potentially complete one full year of college credits (half an associate degree!) while still in high school