Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
Jobs in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC&R) are projected to grow by 34% by 2020 according to the U.S. Department of Labor. As one of the fastest growing job areas in the country, there are excellent employment opportunities available for graduates of this certificate program.
Learn more about this growing field. CLICK HERE
This nine-month, 800-hour, full-time day or evening certificate program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and hands-on skills to become successful HVAC&R technicians.
In this program you will learn to:
- Identify principles of different refrigerants and their temperature pressure relationships
- Solder and braze pipes and fittings
- Flare and swage tubing
- Test pressure and detect leaks
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical malfunctions of commercial and domestic units
- Get 2000 credit hours to sit for the Refrigeration Technician Examination and 150 hours of electrical code needed for state licensure
Today’s HVAC&R Technician needs to be EPA certified. BFIT’s HVAC&R program provides test preparation for the EPA certification. In addition, we also offer an R-410 A certificate and 10-hour OSHA Safety certificate, upon successful completion.