Parents & Family Information
Parent and Family Orientation will be held on September 4th, 2014.
What does BFIT offer for assistance to parents and family members?
Any member of the Department of Student Affairs can be of assistance at any time:
- Dean of Student Services: Mike Bosco, 617-588-1364
- Director of Advising: Rachel Arno, 617-588-1354
- Assistant Director of Advising: Sally Heckel, 617-588-1378
- Director of Residence Life and Student Conduct: Brett Wellman, 617-588-1336
- College Social Worker: Valerie Brathwaite, 617-588-1327
What can I expect at FYE?
Parents and family members are welcome to attend FYE although theywill not be able to participate in the program along with their student.Instead, family members are invited to attend our Parent/Familyprogram, which may include information such as campus safety, financialaid, career services, tutoring services, campus involvement, andacademic advising. You will have the opportunity to join your studentat lunch for a mid-day break.
What is the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)?
Once an individual reaches the age of 18, s/he must provide writtenpermission in order for the College to release any information fromhis/her academic record. Follow the FERPA link for a more information.
Where can I get information about other BFIT services?
Be sure to like us on Facebook and visit the BFIT website regularly for up to date events, programs, and campus happenings!