Requirements for International Applicants
1. Application and Fee. You can apply online or print the Application Form and submit it by mail.
International application fee: $50
a). English Language Proficiency. Proficiency in the English language is required of all students. Completing at least one of the following requirements:
Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL, 500 PBT/61 IBT) or English Language Testing System (IELTS, 5.5) and submit your score with the application for admission.
- Successful complete your English as Second Language (ESL) courses in our Partner English Institutes and submit your transcript/certificate
- Successfully complete college level English courses in an US college or university and submit your official transcript.
b). Academic Records: International students are required to submit an official copy of all records of academic coursework. This includes:
Official secondary school diploma and transcript
- Official college transcript(s) (for transfer applicants)
- If the secondary diplomas and/or academic certificates are from outside of US (but not an American school), applicants are required to have their credentials evaluated by a professional evaluation service. We recommend Center for Educational Documentation to provide us the appropriate documents.
3. Letter(s) of Recommendation
4. Certification of Finances. International applicants must submit the Confidential Declaration of Finances form and an official bank statement to show evidence of their ability to pay educational and living expenses while studying in the US. BFIT has estimated that $35,600 should be sufficient to cover first year expenses, including tuition, room and board, books and fees.
International students are ineligible for all forms of federal and state financial aid, but they may apply for Merit-based scholarship and Institutional 10-month none-interest payment plan.
5. Transfer Students:
For transfer students who are currently having F-1 Visa and studying in US, please submit a copy of your Passport, Visa, I-94 form, I-20 form(s).
- Complete International Student Transfer Form for transferring your I-20 from your current institution.
6. Additional Documents:Additional documents like SAT/ACT and personal statements are recommended but not required.
Upon receipt of application, all the required documentation, and fees, your application will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send all written correspondence and documents to:
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
41 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116