There is tremendous demand for opticians across the nation. Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology is the only college in Massachusetts to offer degree programs in Opticianry. Graduates qualify for positions involving eye wear and contact lens design and dispensing, optical laboratory finishing and management, optical business management or independent ownership. Graduates work in medical offices, optical boutiques, optical chains, and independent shops.
Many graduates seek advanced degrees and/or certification related to business, management, ophthalmic technology, and healthcare management.
What you will learn:
- Design, fit and dispense glasses and contacts
- Operate all forms of ophthalmic instrumentation
- Inspect eyewear for precision, proper fit and aesthetics
- Evaluate and troubleshoot optical patients' concerns
- Prepare for local, state and national licensing
The Associate of Science in Opticianry program is fully supported by the Opticians Association of Massachusetts and serves as the educational gateway for students of all ages, including adult learners and apprentice opticians.
- Graduation Rate: 92%
- ABO Pass Rate: 93%
- NCLE Pass Rate: 95%
- Employment of Graduates: 99.5%